Our annual Jocktoberfest is back this September, with another fun and music-filled weekend. Get your dancing shoes at the ready and we’ll guaranteed delicious, organic craft beer, tasty woodfired pizza and plenty of laughs!
When? Friday 7th & Saturday 8th of September 2018
For those of you who have been before, you’ll be no stranger to our love of a theme. We’re going back in time for 2018; in fact, a whole one million years BC (Before Craft, of course). Over the years we’ve had some incredible costumes, and we can’t wait to see what this year brings.
With each year proving to be a sell out, be quick to get your tickets booked and your dancing shoes at the ready.
The greatest beer festivals must surely have the greatest beers.
Jocktoberfest will honour this tradition – and then some.
2018 JOCKTOBERFEST SPECIALS – To be confirmed
Previous Years Beers
- Berliner Weisse The People’s Champagne 3.5% – sour, tart and fruity
- A sturdy farmhouse ale Saison 7% – earthy yeast tones and lots of spices
- A Hefeweizen Wheat Beer 4.5% – cloudy with a banana and clove aroma
- A German Style Dunkel Wheat Beer (with a bit of a new world twist) 4.8%
- Unique ‘Black & Tan’ with a blend of speciality aged Export Scotch and Hibernator 7.5%
- Bruchladdich barrel aged Hibernator 7.3%
- Nelson & Motueka Hopped IPA 5.8%
- Pils Light and crisp. Crafted by our resident German brewer 4.9%
- Anything Gose Hazy yellow appearance. Tart, slightly citrus and mildly sour 5.2%
Our current menu line up includes:
Black Isle Organic Lamb Burgers
We’ll be serving delicious, native breed organic Hebridean lamb burgers made with fresh garlic, rosemary and mint. Food miles are important to us, and so the lamb are raised here on our organic farm, fed on grains fresh from the brewery mash tun.
Woodburns Sourdough Pizza
If you’ve been to Black Isle Bar, you’ll have know of our love for fresh, wood-fired pizzas. Woodburns will be providing the goods at Jocktoberfest, making their pizza from scratch. You can build your own from a delicious array of fresh ingredients, then watch it bake in the wood-fired clay oven before tucking in.
Vegan and Vegetarian Options
If you’d rather not eat meat, we’ll also ensure there’s plenty of delicious options available for vegan and vegetarian Jocktoberfest fans.
As we confirm more organic, locally sourced food producers, we’ll update the website and our social media channels to keep you in the know.
Why have the trouble of getting home when you can camp?
Your ticket includes camping from 4pm on Friday 7th September until 11am on Sunday 9th September.
Please be aware that this is a working farm and that the camping is on organic certified land. We ask that you respect the land and do not bring any glass bottles into the arena or camping area please, for the safety of both other attendees and our lovely farm animals.
Jocktoberfest is a weekend for fun, but we do have a few rules to keep everyone safe and our working farm in shape.
We ask please:
- No fires in the campsite area.
- No dogs on site.
- Please collect your rubbish and use bins provided. Take all tent pegs away with you too please, as these can be very dangerous for the farm animals and local wildlife.
- Please take all of your camping equipment home.
- No alcohol can be brought into the festival area (we’ll be serving great tasting, organic beer)
- No glass bottles anywhere on site.
Where Can I Park?
Parking will be available on the farm with a wee walk to the campsite.
Can I Bring a Campervan?
Yes, campervans are permitted, and cost £50 for the weekend.
What Does The Campervan Cost Cover?
As part of this fee, you’ll have both electrical hookup and the luxury of wifi for the weekend! As well as these facilities, we care very much about our organic farmland, and the cost supports us in returning it to the original condition.